SEAHAM HARBOUR in County Durham handles ships of up to 8,000 tonnes, with a maximum beam of 17m, length up to 120m and draft up to 6.7m.
With 900m of quay frontage, this port facility can receive, store and distribute a broad range of commodities. It has 30,406 square metres (approximately 7.5 acres) of covered warehousing, and 6,000 square metres of purpose-built segregated open storage.
Working in a busy hands-on privately owned Port. You will be working alongside the existing team and be supported while you complete your Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship with a view to progressing this to Level 4.
In this role, you will be providing telephone and remote support to staff on a range of proprietary and bespoke software systems and associated hardware and assisting our Stock Control team with their transition into new systems.
Apprenticeship (level 3) the role will involve the following:
- Telephone Support
- Pre-Installation of all software, this ranges from Microsoft Office to Bespoke software
- Setup and Installation of Servers.
- Network Administration
- Basic hardware fault finding of computer equipment
- Software troubleshooting on Desktop PC’s
- Virus and malicious software removal on Desktop Computers
- Data backup
- Research & Development into new technologies
- Understanding and Developing internal systems
- New Software & Update verification
- General Office administration
- A desire to build a career in IT
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to work as part of a small team
Interested candidates should have at least 3 GCSE's at C (grade 4) or above, plus Maths and English at D (grade 3) or above.
- Opportunity to become a permanent employee at the end of the apprenticeship
- Opportunity to progress on to a level 4 programme and further.
Working week: 37.5 hours per week
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.