Three exciting IT Apprenticeship opportunities have arisen at one of Yorkshire's most forward thinking Academies. Red Kite Learning Trust are looking for 3 exceptionally driven, tech enthusiasts to undertake an Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship whilst employed at either Harrogate Grammar School, Crawshaw Academy or Temple Moor.
Red Kite Learning Trust have previous experience in hiring entry level tech talent and progressing them through their internal framework and providing them a full time job as a qualified technician upon completion of their apprenticeship.
The main responsibility of the role will be to work as an IT Support Assistant as part of the school support workforce. You will work on-site providing technical support and advice to pupils and teaching staff. Day-to-day, you will perform routine ICT tasks and contribute to the smooth running of the IT network.
- Provide technical support and advice to pupils and staff in the use of IT equipment.
- Perform routine IT tasks on your own or with other members of the team.
- Manage small projects.
- Facilitate the smooth running of the IT systems by undertaking reasonable tasks as required, including some administrative tasks.
- Provide support and maintenance for both IT hardware and software.
- Provide technical support for curriculum and school events
- Report faults to the Network Manager and Technicians.
- Support in-house training when required.
- Comply with the policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Willingness and ability to complete all learning and assessment requirements of the relevant framework.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with staff, pupils, parents and outside agencies.
- Hold GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths or equivalent.
- Punctual and reliable attitude to work.
- A desire to further their careers.
- A genuine passion for all things IT.
- Ability to communicate and liaise with teachers, support staff and pupils.
- Driving licence is desirable but not essential.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to work for an organisation that places such a high emphasis on the progression of their staff. Red Kite Learning Trust have a proven track record of recruiting at apprentice level and providing their apprentices a platform for a full time permanent position upon completion of the apprenticeship. If you are a tech savvy individual with a passion for all things IT, then do not waste time and apply today!
At the end of your apprenticeship you will achieve the nationally recognised ITQ qualification, as well as valuable work experience, that will provide you with the best chance of being offered a full-time role within the school or any organisation requiring IT support.
Working Hours: 8.30 - 4.30 (4pm Finish on Fridays)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.