SimpleIT4u is a leading Kent IT consultancy. Our team has over 15 years combined experience in the IT industry delivering the highest standard of service to organisations across the public and private sectors. We offer IT services that range from unified communications to Cloud, hosting and bespoke solution. Our slogan is Straight-talking IT people and that’s what we promise. Everything we do is transparent and professional, we have built up a client base upon these fundamental principles and we intend to keep it that way.
We are a small Managed IT Service provider looking for a Junior Technical Support Engineer to provide services to our clients who we provide a full range of IT services to.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Providing 1/2nd Line support
- Responding to tickets efficiently
- Troubleshooting hardware, software and network problems.
- Installing, maintaining and support Windows Desktops, software applications and hardware accessories.
- Travel to client sites to provide hands on support.
This is a great opportunity to work with a small team and develop your IT skills.
- Some 1st line support experience.
- Ideally have at least 3 months experience in an IT role or course.
- Knowledge of Active Directory.
- Knowledge of networking IPv4.
- Good Windows Desktop support experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must have a valid UK driving license
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
There could be a permanent opportunity at the end of the apprenticeship or to progress on to a higher apprenticeship
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Working week: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
Salary: £10,500 Per Annum
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.