The company is recognized as having one of the best pro-active service desks in the UK. They provide a range of telecommunications technology including solutions such as Wide Area Data Networks, IP Telephony, Calls & Lines, WiFi Networks, PCI Security Solutions, EFT Payment Services, Mobile Marketing and Audio & Visual Media.
Not only will you get the chance to work for what is recognised as one of the best pro-active service desks in the UK, you will be given the opportunity to undertake your apprenticeship where staff are valued and many former apprentices now have full time roles within the company. This is due to the encouraging and mentoring management team who install a strong family orientated culture in their workforce.
We are looking for a dedicated IT Apprentice to work in the expanding IT Support team where you will be supported in every step of your apprenticeship.
The successful candidates will be shown how to diagnose, investigate and manage all customer faults and service requests to a satisfactory completion ensuring the highest possible standards of service.
Main responsibilities: [include, but are not limited to:]
- Pro-actively monitor customer networks
- Take ownership of all internal and external support calls and manage through to resolution
- Provide regular call updates
- Liaise with and manage 3rd parties Support installations
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good organisation skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- High attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ambitious with a strong work ethic
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Educated to at least GCSE level with ideally an ICT qualification.
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
9:00am to 5:30pm, Monday - Friday.
- The Company operate a 24x7x365 rota.
- After a period of time, you would be expected to fit into the rota, working Saturdays and Sundays.
- You will get a day off in the week to compensate.
A number of the IT Support team are former IT Apprentices themselves who have now gone on to secure full time roles within the company on successful completion of their apprenticeship. You could also be offered permanent employment on successful completion of your apprenticeship.