The Great Annual Savings Group (GAS) is the North East’s fastest growing cost management specialists, offering tailored procurement advice to businesses across a wide range of their variable costs including waste, water, energy, telecoms and business insurance to name just a few. Entering our 9th year of trading, our growth is phenomenal, and our staff underpin our success.
The IT Support team are responsible for the delivery of effective IT solutions to enable GAS to grow and develop its business, whilst meeting the needs of both its customers and suppliers.
Title --- IT Support Apprentice
Main responsibilities: [The IT Support Apprentice will support the group through:]
- Administration of IT systems, including user access
- Capturing and updating changes to configuration and asset records
- Installing and configuring computer equipment and systems as directed to defined standards
- Maintenance of procedures and documentation and accurate version control of all IT processes to required standards
- Recording of time and effort expended on issue resolution, projects and other tasks
Through the work, the IT Support Apprentice will also:
- Support the growth of the group through effective IT system management
- Understand the importance of process and control in the management of IT systems
Desired skills and qualities:
The ideal person will:
- Demonstrate a strong interest in Information Technology and its impact upon a business.
- Be a logical thinker
- Possess a meticulous nature, patience and be capable of working well under pressure, demonstrating ability to manage and priorities workloads
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels in a professional manner
- Be a flexible team player, with the ability to self-manage
- Show a can-do attitude with a strong work ethic
- Be self-motivated, inquisitive and willing to learn and explore new ways of achieving goals
- Be a cultural fit for GAS; happy to work independently, but flexible to change in a company experiencing rapid growth
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade 4 or higher, including English and Maths.
Monday – Thursday, 8:30am – 5pm and on Friday, it’s 9am - 3pm
37.5hrs a week.
£4.15 an hour.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.