This organisations deliver advanced customer experience technology and direction to ensure our customers deliver high-value, personalised experiences across human and digital touch-points.
Interactions over the phone, web, mobile, e-commerce and within the back-office are managed seamlessly, streamlining efficiency whilst optimising customer experience.
The IT Support Apprentice will be working in a team of support engineers for an award-winning solution innovator with a heavy focus on digital, mobile, social and omni-channel contact centre solutions.
This would be an ideal role for someone who is looking to complete an apprenticeship and wants to progress in a fast-paced technical support environment. You will be providing first line support to internal and external customers.
This is an excellent opportunity to get your hands dirty and learn some real IT skills, as well as gain exposure to a variety of technologies and software.
- Providing 1st line support to company users by responding to incidents logged by phone, email and self-service
- Monitoring of alarms and notifying the relevance personnel accordingly
- Undertake daily system maintenance tests of all IT systems to confirm system health, ensuring any test failures are appropriately logged, and escalated, in line with documented procedures
- Building and configuring a range of laptops, PC`s and Mac's in adherence with our build procedures
- Maintaining office IT facilities
- IT Cabling, store inventory and asset management
- Involved in configuration, installation and setup of systems at customer sites
- Participating in team meetings
- Adhoc support tasks
- Provide 1st Line Service Desk activities as directed to ensure achievement of team and personal objects and service level agreements
- Logging of incidents, service requests, changes and problem tickets in the Service Desk application
- Working with 2nd and 3rd line team to ensure timely resolution in line with Service Level - Agreements (SLA)
- Escalation of issues when required
- Working with the customer and the team to try to resolve the issue on first point of contact
Personal Qualities and Desirable Skills:
- IT qualifications and/or IT enthusiast
- Team player
- Reliable, hardworking and be willing to learn
- Strong communication skills
- Able to thrive in a pressured environment as part of a team with the ability to priorities simple tasks
- Highly self-motivated and the desire to improve and develop technical skills and clearly document processes and procedures
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and trust; Good time keeping
- Clear and concise verbal communication with the ability to communicate clearly in writing and over the telephone
- Interpersonal skills
- Organising and co-ordinating skills
- Excellent customer service
Minimum 5 GCSE, grade C or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English
Prospects and Progression:
- Dress down culture
- Regular company events
- Exposure to new enterprise grade technology
- Progression to a permanent job if required standard meet
- Weekly football and Yoga
- Work hard, play hard
- 20 days holiday
- Approved overtime
- Social events
- Free parking
- Salary boost at the end of their apprenticeship
- Exposure to a variety of technology and career paths
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.