IT Support Apprentice
We provide expert, independent, and bespoke Fire, Security and IT Solutions design, installation and support. We work across all major market sectors, on major construction projects and with end-user organisations, with an approach that values true collaboration.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Dealing with incoming faults in a professional, courteous manner over the phone and via email
- Taking ownership of faults and managing them in a logical and methodical manner
- Correctly logging incidents and faults, categorising and prioritising them in line with team procedures
- Conducting full and through diagnostics with end users to enable first point of contact fault resolution
- Ensuring all faults are progressed & cleared within SLA –escalating to other internal and external teams as appropriate
- Diagnosing and resolving problems to the customers satisfaction
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to assist with first time fault resolution
- Identify and escalate repeat issues or service risks into service management teams
- Sharing knowledge with team colleagues
- Manage several scheduled tasks for customers
- Must be able to demonstrate a customer first approach to support
- The ability to liaise and communicate confidently and professionally with customer representatives at all levels
- Natural aptitude for trouble shooting & problem solving
- Have solid experience in a helpdesk or technical support environment
- Highly organised and able to work on own initiative to complete the range of tasks required
- Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required
- Should be able to demonstrate good communication skills, written, over the phone and face to face.
- Will have a willingness to learn new skills in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working within a team or on own initiative
- Provide excellent documentation skills
- Can-do attitude
- Friendly and professional manner
- Passionate for knowledge
- 3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
- English Language (written and verbal) to a GCSE level or equivalent.
40hrs a week,
Monday - Friday,
Either 8:00am - 5:00pm or 9:00am – 6:00pm,
1 hour lunch.
- 25 days holiday
- Free Parking
- Access to mental health help
- Perks and discounts on high street
- Good team environment
- Socials twice a year when allowed
- Successful candidates can expect to gain a full role, with development and exposure to technologies [that would drive further knowledge] would be gained
- Progression and development to senior roles and Recognised Industry Certification
- Competitive salary upon successful completion of IT apprenticeship progressing to 1st Line Service Desk Engineer
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.