The Cashmere Centre sells luxury products to a mature, wealthy, female demographic, mainly in the UK, through 5 distinct brands. We have been established since 1999 and the business turnover has reached £6m and employs 35 staff with approximately half working from home. The company is based in a rural location just south of Milton Keynes so own transport is necessary. Each brand produces a seasonal catalogue (Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter) and each is supported by its own website, digital marketing and newspaper advertising. Customers order products by phone through our customer services team or through the website. Those orders are then processed through our CRM system and despatched from our warehouse.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to employ a personable and motivated IT Support Apprentice to join our in-house Service Desk team.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Monitor and respond quickly to incoming requests relating to IT issues and act as support if any system goes down.
- Maintain user PCs, and related equipment (monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, printers etc) including upgrades and configuration as needed.
- Support phone and CRM systems with day-to-day management.
- Monitor systems to pre-empt failures (Backups / Servers / Web servers)
- Understand/update procedures relating to PC setup / network configuration / Remote access / Disaster recovery.
- Assist internal customers with questions about the websites and processes involved. (Customer journey’s / basic admin processes / payment gateways)
- General awareness of computer systems, PC repair, and network management
- Resourcefulness and quick-thinking nature to troubleshoot new and critical technical issues as they arise.
- Ability to deploy, configure, and support operating systems on desktop and mobile.
- Understanding and appreciation for information security within systems and user devices including GDPR requirements.
- Strong drive to provide excellent customer service and experience, with an awareness of prioritization of tasks.
- Team player
- Conscientious of the working environment
- Emphatic to staff
- Ability to converse with staff at all levels from telephone operators to shareholders.
5 GCSEs total
- English and Maths GCSE grade D or above
- 3x GCSEs grade A - C in any subject
Working week: 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday, although occasional support outside these hours may be required - 30 minutes lunch break
Salary: £13,000 Per Annum
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.