Established back in the eighties as a family run business, we rose through the ranks to become one of the top ten largest value added resellers in the UK. We sit proudly on our British roots, with regional offices across the country, housing a skilled workforce of more than 500 employees.
Our operations serve a wide and diverse customer base across the public and private sector, helping them to improve efficiency, ROI and cost reduction through technology – and we’ve won awards for doing it!
The employer you'll be hired by is XMA but where you'll be working is under the academy, Marvell College.
The IT Apprentice will be involved in resolving routine IT issues and/or contributing to new programmes and projects. The IT Apprentice will have a range of duties in their own area assisted by an officer, and are expected to work with supervision.
Primary job function:
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and experience by working as an IT Support Apprentice at XMA. Apprenticeships give you the opportunity and support to develop the skills and knowledge required for an IT Apprentice and complete a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician qualification.
The apprentice will focus on hardware, software and various technologies that form part of a managed service in order to gain a breadth of knowledge and skills.
The focus will be on learning about technologies, methods, and acquiring skills and proficiency, whilst providing some additional capacity to the team.
Technologies (including but not limited to):
- Microsoft O365
- Software (Standard & Specialist)
- Networking (Wireless Networks/Switches/Access Points)
Key duties & responsibilities:
- To assess reported issues in order to provide adequate resolutions and fixes, including but not limited to the following:
- Active Directory (user account management)
- Office 365/Microsoft technologies
- Software & Hardware faults
- To troubleshoot basic network connectivity issues
- Utilise the ITSM tool for ticket logging management
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries
- Exposure & adherence to managed service processes & procedures
- Asset Management responsibilities
- Excellent timekeeping skills
- Able to attend work and college at required times
- Good Customer Service skills
- Focus on the customer experience and build positive rapport
- Good communication skills
- Building good relationships is fundamental to the delivery of services
- Teamwork and Cooperation - The ability to work flexibly in a team and contribute to a supportive work environment.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn & Take responsibility for your own development on a day to day
- Ability to display sensitivity and maintain confidentiality
- Teamwork and Cooperation- The ability to work flexibly in a team and contribute to a supportive work environment
This role will require an Enhanced satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
Progression within the company.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.