For more than 80 years Hollander has helped automotive recycling yards operate more efficiently, make better decisions, open new markets and sell more parts worldwide. Hollander continues it's proud tradition of innovation in the recycling industry with forward-thinking solutions, which expand to benefit to the automotive aftermarket, insurance providers, collision shops, as well as the individual auto parts consumer. Contact us today to learn more.
We are looking for a candidate to sit within a small team on our UK support desk. At present our UK client base is around 50 sites ranging is size from 2/3 users through to over 90 users for our largest customer.
Primary role of the support technician is:
- To be fully versed in the understanding of our core application and supporting products.
- Be knowledgeable in regards to the setup and daily support of client hardware and software by taking ownership of issues.
- Investigate, document and solve application and technical issues and escalate where a fix is not possible on 1st time call.
- We would expect the candidate to have excellent verbal and written communication skills (English) as arequirement.
- Assist, when required, our development teams in terms of testing new applications and hardware releases.
- The ideal candidate should demonstrate a blend of passion and performance for delivering excellent customer service.
- Form part of our Service and Support team, being the first line of call for our UK and EU clients
- Handle client calls and requests in an efficient and timely manner
- Creation of training materials and support documentation
- Offer 1st and 2nd line support analysis of customer issues
- Work with other internal departments to provide feedback on customer needs and product requests
- Troubleshooting of software issues (application and Windows)
- Troubleshooting of hardware issues (Servers, Client PCs, Printers, Android, Handhelds)
- Proactively monitor client systems and alert teams to outages, backup failures and potential server failure
- Assist the implementation team with issues in relation to hardware and software
- Assist in the setup of hardware for sites (Servers, Android Handhelds, and Printers)
- Creation of reports for management
- Assist project manage testing, installs and migrations
- Occasional one to one and classroom-based training for our customers
- Moderate PC administration skills.
- Understanding of basic networks, routers, portforwarding, Anti-Virus and Malware applications
- A strong understanding of Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- A demonstrable methodical approach to problem solving
- Strong prioritisation skills
- Work well individually and as part of a team
- Understanding of service team requirements and call logging software
- Not Essential but beneficial: Automotive or dismantling background
- Linux administration
- PostgreSQL or SQL knowledge
- JIRA Service Desk
- 9 - 5.30pm Mon-Fri
- 37.5 hours
- Up to GBP 15,000 DOE