Kames Capital is a UK-based investment management business.From Edinburgh, London and The Hague our Investment professionals manage GBP 37.3 billion £ on behalf of UK and international clients, including pension funds, financial institutions, charities, wealth managers, family offices and individuals. We have capabilities in fixed income, equities, property, cash and multi-asset investing and invest to meet a range of client objectives, including growth, income, total return and absolute return. We are also a global leader in sustainable investing.
- To provide technical support and maintenance on a daily basis to end-users for agreed systems.
- To develop and implement changes to these systems on an ongoing basis through both project and operational tasks.
- This role requires strong achievement orientation, team working and communication skills with a strong customer focus.
- This is a customer facing role which introduces you to technical aspects of Front Office application, ITIL related disciplines and skills, problem solving analysis and project management with exposure to Asset Management within the Financial Industry.
The role will provide the following skills:
- SQL Querying (of MS SQL Databases)
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- ITIL Practices
- Analysis Techniques
- Change Management Methodology (Waterfall and Agile)
- Estimating and Planning
- Data-flows and processes (intra-day, daily and periodic)
- Scheduling architecture
- Key business processes and the roles of all internal and external systems and stakeholders (inc. data providers)
- Industry trends and practices
- Company (business) strategy
- Customer Focus
- Professional Competency
- Problem Solving (Decision Making)
- Relationship Management (Networking)
- Stakeholder Management
- Culturally Aware
- Curious Mind
- Desire to Learn
- Mon-Friday 9:00 - 5:30
- 35 hours
- GBP 12k-GBP 14k DOE
QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.