- Setting up new starters with as part of the onboarding process, including arranging correct access to relevant systems and training on use of new equipment
- Keep track of the flow of equipment in and out for starters and leavers, keeping an audited list up to date, report this information when requested
- Being the first point of contact for user queries, diagnosing and solving hardware and software issue
- Evaluating software
- Escalate more serious or complex issues to the relevant person where necessary
- Installing and configuring computer systems from a range of vendors
- Testing networking equipment
- Updating process documentation
- Up to date with computer equipment and the latest technology, including Data and Infrastructure security
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Is able to articulate themselves well and stay calm under pressure
- Keenness to continuously learn and develop new skills
- Good problem-solving skills together with analytical skills
- Willingness to learn and open to new challenges.
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
- 9 - 5.30pm
- Mon - Fri
QA' s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note:This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.