You will be working within a professional IT department for a large corporate organisation.
A successful candidate can enjoy a good work life balance with a clear progression path.
Currently seeking an ambitious individual for an IT Support Apprentice position with a well-established furniture making company based in the Grantham area. Interested candidates should have keen interest in technology and be eager to learn and progress within their career.
If you are looking for a fulfilling IT Career then look no further. Apply now!
- Observing, testing, diagnosing and resolving faults in hardware and software systems
- 1st and 2nd line IT support duties including but not limited to basic hardware repair, software support, provision of IT equipment/network facilities and support of telephone systems
- Liaison with third party contractors and service providers
- Evaluating and suggesting ways to improve the business through the incorporation of new and existing technologies
- Purchasing of hardware, software and consumables
- Providing written documentation of IT systems and training for users
- Carrying out daily checks on jobs and systems taking action when necessary to correct errors
- We are looking for a bright, intelligent person who is very willing to learn and develop
- Whilst a strong interest in technology paired with the ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and easily is important, our emphasis will be more on your personality, drive, and communication skills
- You will need to balance many demands so being able to multi-task in a fun but intensive environment where issue prioritisation is a critical skill
- A positive, can-do attitude and the ability to integrate within the team in addition to using your initiative are essential
3 x GCSE ( or equivalent)at grades A-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths ( or equivalents)at grade D or above
Working week - 8am-4: 30pm, Monday - Thursday, then from 8am-1: 30pm on Friday
30 min lunch break
Salary - GBP 135-GBP 172.50 p/w
For a successful candidate a permanent role would be offered with an opportunity to progress onto a IT level 4 qualification.
QA' s programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.