Sota Solutions is a market-leading IT solutions provider specialising in platform hosting, network infrastructure, data centre and business continuity services for small, medium and large enterprises, public sector organisations, as well as other service providers.
Established for over 30 years and with a £6M turnover and strong balance sheet, the company’s facilities include two data centres, a disaster recovery suite, a network operations centre, located in a highly secure twenty-five acre science park campus in Kent. Sota is predominantly focused on Microsoft technologies, as well as industry leading providers of Routers, Switches, Firewalls and Wireless Technologies, Printers, Desktops, Servers, as well as Telephony and Connectivity services.
The apprentice will provide 1st and 2nd Level Service Desk / Remote Support, basic maintenance and low complexity system builds / installation across the Sota Solutions portfolio of services.
The apprentice will shadow existing permanent resource, throughout the learning cycle, until either the end the learning programme or until they are ready to move to Level 3.
Aside from on-going developmental support, the role may be seen as equivalent to the Service Desk Analyst and Service Delivery Engineer roles in all other respects, depending on the individuals’ on-going attainment.
- To carry out a wide range of 1st and 2nd level problem/request management and resolution activity, against prescribed service levels and across multiple hardware and software technologies.
- To take calls from Customers and log tickets into the Sota Service Desk Management Tool.
- To ensure all problems are progressed in line with Sota best practice.
- To manage all problems and requests through to resolution and or fulfilment ensuring the customer and ticketing system are updated in a timely fashion.
- To appropriately identify and prioritise customer problems/requests to ensure that Sota maintains high levels of customer satisfaction To provide basic engineering support in respect of the build, configuration and deployment of new systems into production to support
- Ensure that agreed escalation procedures are complied with in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- To continuously strive to improve the efficiency and quality of the service.
- To ensure compliance with all policies, processes and procedures mandated by the company.
- Has a keen interest in IT.
- Demonstrates good inter-personal and communications skills.
- Is well organised and practical, with a logical, analytical approach to problem solving.
- Pays careful, close attention to detail.
- Has an appreciation of what may be involved in supporting and installing IT hardware and software solutions and is keen to develop IT skills and capabilities.
- Educated to GCSE-level or above.
Ideally, 3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
- The Infrastructure Level 3 course will require the learner to attend training at an external provider (travel will be paid), and the course typically takes 18 months to complete.
- Sota values diversity and operates are fair recruitment process free of discrimination.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.