NIC Services Group provides high quality facility services designed to maintain the fabric and appearance of buildings. NIC provides facilities management, cleaning, security & catering services and a wide range of other tailor-made services for customers throughout the Public and Private Sectors.
NIC Services Group operates across the UK and employs more than 8,500 people.
We are looking for an Apprentice IT Helpdesk Technician to provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. You will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them.
An excellent Helpdesk technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient.
The goal is to create value for internal clients that will help preserve the company’s reputation and business.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Maintain the IT Helpdesk ticket system with all the information about the request and/or issue
- Serve as the first point of contact for internal customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Tech savvy with ability to learn new areas of IT
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer-oriented and patient
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Working week: Monday to Friday, between 9am-5pm
Salary: £15,000 Per Annum
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.