Working across skills, employability, youth and justice provision, we are passionate about quality learning and assessment experiences for all our customers.
Our Senior Management Team, led by our Managing Director, Lisa Hawksby, has over 60 years combined experience in the industry.
Our head office and training centre are located in the heart of Doncaster, on Silver Street. We are proud to be part of Doncaster’s new innovation quarter working within the local community as well as working with hundreds of other employers across Yorkshire and the Humber, East and West Midlands, The North West and North East of England in partnership with our outreach centre’s across the regions.
You’ll be working closely with the Quality Team.
As an IT Apprentice, you will support the company’s IT infrastructure with day-to-day routine enquiries and wider IT projects. Equipment maintenance and audit will be a key part of the role. You will ensure all IT equipment is recorded, tracked and maintained to a high standard.
You’ll also be closely working with our central IT services provider, setting up new user accounts and maintaining IT security and policies.
Job title: IT Apprentice
Reporting to: Quality Director
Hours of work (per week): 40
Working Hours (daily): 9am-5pm, Monday to Thursday and 9am-4:30pm on Friday
Job Type: Full-time Apprentice
- Handling technical and IT queries via chat, email, or phone call
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing technical and IT problems
- Providing solutions to technical queries
- Escalation of issues into 2nd line where necessary
- Maintaining and updating ticket system
- Making and maintaining accurate records
- Supporting colleague with hardware enquiries
- Resolving problems with networks and other computer systems
- Diagnosing errors which may arise in technology
- Installing or changing software to fix issues
- Installing or changing software to provide system updates
- Remotely accessing technology to implement fixes where users cannot do this themselves
Desired skills, qualities and experience:
- Established computer skills
- Ability to Troubleshoot and diagnose problems
- Good Customer Service skills
- Good communication skills
- Passion for Technology
- Good teamwork
- Strong punctuality
- Commitment to learning new skills
Minimum 5 GCSE’s:
- English and Maths GCSE at grade D or above
- 3x other GCSEs grade A-C in any subject
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.