Edmondson’s IT Services is here to offer top quality IT service and support to SMEs of every sector across the UK.
IT efficiency is crucial to every business – which means it’s often a major headache, too. With Edmondson’s on your side, you’re in safe, assured hands. As your responsive and dedicated IT partner, we’ll make sure you have the hardware, systems, support and security you need to get the best from your business IT.
As an IT support apprentice, you will be the first line of contact for inbound customer support. You’ll work closely with the Head of Telecoms and Support to provide assistance to the department.
You’ll work on a broad range of IT queries, diagnosing and troubleshooting from customer queries.
You’ll be given broad range of training across:
- Cloud Technologies
- Operating Systems
- Business Processes
- Scripting and Automation
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Handling technical and IT queries via chat, email, or phone call
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing technical and IT problems
- Providing solutions to technical queries
- Escalation of issues into 2nd line where necessary
- Maintaining and updating ticket system
- Making and maintaining accurate records
- Supporting colleague with hardware enquiries
- Resolving problems with networks and other computer systems
- Diagnosing errors which may arise in technology
- Installing or changing software to fix issues
- Installing or changing software to provide system updates
- Remotely accessing technology to implement fixes where users cannot do this themselves
- Established Computer Skills
- Ability to Troubleshoot and Diagnose Problems
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Passion for Technology
- Good Teamwork
- Strong Punctuality
- Commitment to Learning New Skills
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Working week: Monday to Friday, between 9am-5pm
Salary: £12,500 Per Annum
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.