IT Support Apprenticeship
We were set up in 2003 and like to consider ourselves your go-to ‘One-stop-shop’ supplier of IT support services and products, serving small and medium sized businesses.
Our service reach is London, Kent and the Home Counties, with remote clients in Europe and SE Asia.
You will always receive Fast, Free and Friendly Advice.
You will undergo training to competently provide IT solutions expertise and customer service in support of the Company’s clients.
After apprenticeship qualifications are completed and in the event that your contract is renewed, your training will continue and will ultimately enable you to:
- Work on your own initiative and within a team diagnosing and solving technical problems of varying levels of difficulty.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to the company’s clients and your co-workers.
- Identify IT related problems / issues and take remedial action and preventative measures.
- To plan ahead in the installation of new systems, hardware and software.
You will train, maintain and develop your IT skills for the Company’s clients and users with particular regard to the following areas and requirements. [Some of these areas may not be applicable until after your apprenticeship period has been completed.]
- Maintain and manage network infrastructures including the core switches, cabling, peripheral devices and related equipment.
- Install, configure and maintain clients’ servers and workstations in line with the Company’s standards.
- Work with multiple hardware and software platforms.
- Identify and resolve issues with workstations, operating systems and network infrastructures.
- Complete documentation of all systems processes and related system configurations, cabling and placements.
- Regularly monitor and record server and network performances.
- Maintain current virus protection strategies.
- Maintain and manage an efficient information storage and retrieval system including automated daily back-ups.
- Maintain and manage all peripheral devices connected to the network.
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality and efficiency of technical services.
- Ensure effective administration support to all departments ensuring quality customer service delivery.
- Attend training sessions and assist in training workshops for clients and their end-users.
- Undertake from time to time, other duties which may not form part of this job description.
- To ensure excellent customer service is maintained at all times.
- Housekeeping standards are maintained to the Company’s requirements at all times.
- Develop and maintain customer site records for relevant support information.
- Ensure that the Helpdesk is aware of all issues and information regarding sites allocated and falling under your responsibility.
- Attend training sessions and possibly assist in training workshops.
- To react quickly to system problems and make quick informed decisions and judgments as to appropriate action and apply positive solutions
Desirable skills and experience:
- Excellent Customer Service
- Windows knowledge
- Component knowledge
- Windows 10 Desktop Operating Systems
- Windows 2019 Server environment
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory
- Exchange server 2019
- Administer and manage Microsoft Office 365
- Team player
- Organisational skills
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
30 hours - Monday to Thursday, 9am - 5pm.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.