IT Support Assistant Apprentice
AMJ is an IT Company established in London and Kent, providing IT Solutions to businesses and specialising in IT Support, Software and Website Development.
We are looking for enthusiastic, flexible and reliable apprentice to join our growing IT Support team as an IT apprentice. You will be working in a busy office and duties will vary under the guidance of Helpdesk Engineers.
As an IT apprentice at AMJ IT, you will develop the skills you need to become an IT Support Professional. Your team provides the front line user support for all of our clients based in England South East.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside a team of engineers to solve a variety of IT issues. You will learn how to apply problem solving skills to real life challenges, pick up new technical skills such as troubleshooting a variety our clients. You will also be involved in other aspects of IT including preventative maintenance, connectivity participating in IT Infrastructure projects, exposure to IT security and policies, Cloud services including O365 and other industry practices.
We will equip you with everything you need to know to support our users. You will receive specialized training in networking, administration, and you will develop further skills through hands-on experience in various aspects of IT network including hardware, software, project management, procedures.
- Answer support tickets and service requests from clients on the helpdesk system and over the phone
- To assist site engineers with installs and network deployments
- You will need to demonstrate good clear communication and customer service skills, especially over the telephone
- Provide a solution to the client or carry out a fix within the scope of your knowledge
- Escalate as appropriate to senior colleagues, liaising with them and the client to identify issues and provide solutions or workarounds
- Building, maintaining and configuring workstations to client standard
- Assisting and supporting software deployments and project tasks when required
- Provision of iOS and Android mobile devices
- Support daily activities of the team where appropriate
- Exposure to an IT or a related technical field (i.e. personal projects, operating systems, building computers/apps, etc.)
- To understand aspects of installation and support for windows 7/8/10
- To show interest in learning support of Windows Server
- To be an able user of Microsoft Office 2007-2013
- Basic PC based hardware diagnostics and fault finding abilities, ideally having built at least one computer from scratch
- Experience with setting up an internet router and/or wireless network
- Passion for technology, demonstrated through extracurricular activities, hobbies, personal projects or online coursework.
- Ability to work independently and within a team framework.
- Willingness to navigate ambiguous tasks, find suitable solutions and seek help/advice where appropriate.
- Effective communication and organizational skills, proactive, self-motivated, positive attitude, and excellent customer service capabilities.
Minimum 5 GCSE grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.