This is an established IT company who offer a broad range of services. The company is headquartered just outside of Cambridge with offices in London and Peterborough.
The company runs the IT infrastructure for the clients. Typically, acting as "the IT department" and usually responsible for all aspects of IT for these companies. The size of customers ranges from one or two people all the way up to 200+.
The company has grown rapidly - from 2 staff in 2007 to 17, now with further recruitment planned. We support large numbers of customers and the company has exciting plans for growth in the short term.
The key values of the company are that we are completely trustworthy (our customers rely on us every day), we put a human face on technology (by being friendly and approachable) and that we are totally professional in everything we do.
For the right candidate this is an opportunity to cover a wide range of technical disciplines and to learn from a professional and highly skilled team. Everyone in our team is customer facing and we are busy, supporting customers every day.
Main role / Responsibilities:
- The role is interesting and varied - ranging from the basics of IT through to more complex issues.
- Gain an opportunity to cover a wide range of technical disciplines and learn from a professional and highly skilled team
- Be customer facing
- Support customers every day
- Deal with various tasks - ranging from the basics of IT through to more complex issues
Pre-requisites for the role should include as many as possible of the following attributes:
- We would expect the successful applicant to be fully conversant with a basic PC - able to strip it down and re-build it. Able to diagnose routine faults using software tools. You will expand your knowledge of this during your apprenticeship to cover many aspects of server based systems
- You should have grasped the fundamentals of networking - what are the basic components, what are the most common issues and how can these be overcome? We will expand on this knowledge
- You should be aware of the basics of the Microsoft Operating Systems and the Office application suite.
- Because we have grown rapidly our clients have a wide range of equipment, software and systems we need someone who can think logically through IT issues and suggest possible solutions
- We would hope to place the successful candidate into our customer Help Desk as soon as possible. We can understand some initial nervousness about this but we would hope that the right candidate will be able to cope. It is imperative that we are polite, friendly and approachable with our clients and empathetic to their issues
- A candidate who can demonstrate a love and aptitude for IT
- A people’s person
Desired qualification requirements:
- Educated to A-Levels
- 3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Monday to Friday,
9:00am – 5.30pm,
37.5 hours per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.