This is one of the leading temperature controlled food distribution organisations within the UK. Based in North Yorkshire, the family business has grown to become one of the most reliable and consistent operations within the sector. With over 20 years of experience and the traditional values still firmly in place, you will be growing and learning at a fast pace with new tasks across all different areas of the IT team that sits behind the 24/7 operation.
Roles and Responsibilities: Supporting and maintaining the running of all IT Systems including:
- Extension network infrastructure – With VLANS
- Phone systems
- Hardware issues
- CCTV systems
- Consistently supporting internal users with 1stand 2nd line problems.
- Working closely with the IT team to learn and develop your understanding of the internal infrastructure and best practices
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without preventing others from completing their work
- Managing and prioritising issues on the support desk and escalating any further issues to management.
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
Desirable Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Good communicator
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Positive can-do attitude
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Hard working
- Highly motivated
- Keen interest and background of learning in IT
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Positive communication skills
Desired qualification requirements:
A minimum of 5 GCSEs, grade C and above.
Monday to Friday,
37.5 hours per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£10,000 - £18,000 per annum.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.