This programme provides learners with the advanced skills and knowledge required to work as a technician in the mechanical engineering industry.
You will develop an understanding of mechanical engineering which will enable you develop processes and products from small component designs to large plants, machinery or vehicles.
You could work on all stages of a product; from research and development to design and manufacture, installation and final commissioning.
During this course you will study modules that focus on areas such as analytical methods for engineers, project design, mechanical principles, engineering science, plus other specialist topics that meet demands of local industry.
- Analytical Methods for Engineers
- Engineering Science
- Project, Design and Implementation
- Applications of Programmable Controllers
- Computer Aided Machining
- Mechanical Principals
- Applications of Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- Advanced CAD Techniques.
*Days and times of study are subject to change. Timetables are confirmed at the start of term.
You will hold the following qualifications:
- BTEC National Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering, or
- A-Level in Maths or an appropriate science-based subject
- An additional A-Level in any subject
- Five GCSEs at grade C or above, including maths and science.
Mature applicants (aged 21 years and older) with no formal qualifications, but with relevant industrial experience, are also welcome to apply.
What next after HNC Mechanical Engineering (part-time)?
You could progress to HND Mechanical Engineering.