We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – the leading IT services provider in Europe.
Our business is expanding, which creates a great opportunity for a talented Field Engineer to join our organisation to provide our commercial and public sector customers with comprehensive hardware and software break fix support on a variety of platforms and operating systems comprising personal computers, printers, laptops, tablets and Windows based software and servers.
Main role / Responsibilities:
- Working as an IT Field Engineer, you will be responding to customers’ requests for the repair, maintenance and installation of computer equipment within our contracted service level agreements
- Ensuring that timescales are met, customer satisfaction is achieved and that all work carried out is completed according to set quality standards and manufacturers’ guidelines.
- As you will be traveling to different locations for the role, you will have to be able to drive. [company van will be provided]
Desired skills and qualities:
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Experience of diagnosing faults
- Good break fix experience – predominantly on hardware but also on some software packages
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- As you will be traveling to different locations for the role, you need to have a Driving License.
Circa £12,000 per annum, depending on your experience.
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm.
Benefits / Future prospects:
- In addition to salary, we provide a company van together with other large company benefits.
- Working as an Apprentice, you will receive full training on the repair, maintenance and installation of computer equipment to ensure that all work carried out is completed according to set quality standards and manufacturers’ guidelines
- For a successful candidate, a full time role will be offered with the opportunity to progress
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.