Company: Computer Pro
Apprenticeship standard: Information Communication Technician Level 3
Vacancy location (address):
The Old Forge Building, North Green, Kirtlington, Oxfordshire, OX5 3JZ
Salary agreed: 12,000
Contracts type (Fixed term / Permanent): Fixed Term
Proposed weekly working hours: 37.5 9-5.30
Office based / remote: Office Based
ComputerPro has been delivering expert, friendly and reliable IT/Computer Support to homes and businesses throughout the North Oxon region for over 15 years.
We have earned our reputation by providing clients with an exceptional service and level of care, and conscientiously building our role as a trusted advisor. We have very high customer retention and referral rates, achieved by valuing and listening to our clients. We know it’s not just about technology, it’s about people, so we take great care to understand our customers, and ensure they understand us: our business is to enable your business get on with its business!
1. To provide the highest standard of support to ComputerPro’s clients, i n a timely and appropriate manner.
2. To provide support to the Partners/supervisor.
3. To prepare thoroughly, and perform all work with thought, caution and care.
1. Receive instruction and supervised on-the-job training and undertake directed learning;
2. Provide supervised off-site customer support and i nstruction: i n person, and via phone, email and remote desktop access: Answer phones.
3. Troubleshoot issues, including online research for solutions;
4. Submit detailed job logs, materials and client records, and reports detailing methodologies and processes;
5. Accompany senior engineer on client visits, to observe and assist with jobs;
6. Manage eBay shop: item listings, buyer communications, packaging and shipping;
7. Monitor status of hosted websites;
8. Assist with CPro website & social media management.
9. Diagnose hardware faults, and perform hardware repairs and upgrades;
10. Resolve software issues; Backup and restore, and recover corrupt, deleted and lost data;
11. Detect, investigate and remove infections: viruses and malware; identify processes etc;
12. ‘Clean up’ and repair corrupted and compromised devices/operating systems;
13. Install, update and configure operating systems, software and security packages, and peripherals on Windows, Mac and Linux platforms;
14. Assist with developing and updating client websites on web-based CMS platforms;
15. Assist with network installations, configuration and management: routers, switches, and firewalls, NAS etc: make up ethernet cables;
16. Research new industry developments, technologies, products, solutions, and best practice;
17. Escalate issues to supervisor/team leader as required to meet objectives.
18. Work extra hours to meet deadlines, and to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required (participate in office cleaning routines etc).
Essential skills - technical and people:
- A grounding in IT and computing; a demonstrated interest
- Some basic physics/electronics;
- The capacity to rapidly assimilate new technologies and systems;
- A good understanding of contemporary web and social media applications;
- Some experience i n web-development, preferably WordPress;
- A basic knowledge of networking architecture and protocols: LANs/WANs, switches, firewalls, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, Wi-Fi;
Desirable skills - technical and people:
- An aptitude for problem-solving: with thoroughness, patience and perseverance;
- An aptitude for effective communication, and engaging with clients;
- A desire to excel, and commitment to exceed expectations;
- The flexibility to work within a small, dynamic office environment, work extra hours to meet deadlines, as required and where reasonable, and to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required.
Experience required - work or personal: Personal or professional experience welcomed but not essential
Company benefits: Contribute to travel expenses ½
Career progression opportunities: Full Time permanent role at the end
Additional Employer training: Additional IT training of choice if appropriate
Top reasons to work here:
1) Salary Reviews – Every 3 months
2) Wide variety of things to work, networking, cloud, macs, windows,
3) Career Progression – Apprentice to Partner – previous apprentice from just IT