IT Support Engineer Apprentice - Hampshire (GU30) - 4288
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Liphook remove
Smallworld is responsible for supporting and maintaining their clients IT systems and for providing efficient desktop support to all.
Smallworld are responsible for resolving any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently, including a broad range of queries from how to set up an email account to system diagnostics, plus enhancing and developing the IT provision extended within the business.
Smallworld IT is a small, yet very busy company providing IT support and Managed Services to a variety of clients.
They are looking for a young, dynamic individual to undertake an IT Support Engineer Apprenticeship.
- Taking and logging calls on helpdesk system
- Escalating IT issues to the IT manager where necessary
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- Undertaking small to medium sized projects as instructed by the IT manager
- Providing desktop and server support
- Installing authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Completing internal user moves, including phones
- Ensuring all logs for equipment and users are maintained
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied to desktops and laptops are kept up to date
Desired skills and qualities
- Pro-active approach
- High level of customer service
- Background in hardware/IT is beneficial
- Ability to use own initiative and use new innovative ways of thinking
Monday-Friday, 8: 30am-5: 30pm
GBP 150 per week, depending on candidate/experience
20 days holiday, plus bank holidays
QA' s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.
Sign-up or log in to apply