This is a cutting edge technology solutions company, providing EPOS and self-service technology to hospitality Businesses.
This is an opportunity to take on an interesting and varied role in a small, rapidly growing company. There are opportunities for advancement within the company, and they have a track record of developing apprentices to advance within the company and continue in full time roles following the apprenticeship.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing company, developing cutting-edge technology.
The role will be a broad role covering both product and technical support, so will develop both soft and hard skills. The role will be primarily office based, with some travel to client sites required.
- Respond to support calls, emails and instant messages from customers in a timely fashion
- Assist customers in resolution of technical issues and escalate to second line support or management as appropriate
- Answer customer queries relating to use of the applications
- Document issues and resolutions on company helpdesk system
- Recreate issues and test fixes
- Attend Skype calls with customers to solve specific queries or demo features
- Build, test, and prepare technical components for delivery
- Carry out network and equipment installations at customer sites
- Answer onsite training queries and questions where possible, or take away to find an answer from another member of the team
- Assist with the build out of the product and agents knowledge base and interactive help flows
- Assist in the production of test packs for new releases
- Run test packs on new releases
- Help with onboarding new customers, including running video conference or face to face demos
Preferred skills and qualities:
- We expect the candidate to learn the required skills on the job so are primarily looking for the attitude and approach
- The right candidate should be very confident communicating with different types of customers via chat, email, phone, Skype and face to face
- Driven to be successful and constantly looking to improve
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work alone, as well as in a team
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for IT
- Having a driving licence an advantage, but not essential
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
Monday to Friday, 9am – 5:30pm [core],
But some weekend days and evenings will be required.
37.5hrs per week.
- £170 per week, with performance related increase of up to £180 per week after 6 months
- £250 bonus on completion of apprenticeship
We are looking for candidates to who want a long term career in the company, with the apprenticeship being the first step. The role will give the candidate a good broad understanding of the company and its products and as such will open up many opportunities.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to continue in a more advanced support role, with the possibility to specialise in technical support, help desk support, or customer onboarding.
There could also be opportunities for other roles in the organisation.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.