Eat IT Drink IT have been installing IT systems since 2006. Originally starting out as Smart PC Solutions based in Leeds, it grew to focus on the Bar & Restaurant Industry and provide tailored IT solutions across the whole of the UK. Its founder Cliff Gurdin is still at the helm and is the company’s Managing Director. With over twelve years in the industry we’ll make sure everything’s running smoothly and you understand exactly how it all works.
They are looking for a responsible Helpdesk Operator to perform a variety of tasks to support the team who provide bespoke IT systems for the Hospitality Industry. They are looking for someone energetic who aspires to work in the IT industry and wants to progress their career quickly. As a growing business there are fantastic opportunities for career progression for the right candidate. Other benefits include a generous bonus scheme including discretionary 6 monthly bonuses and performance related bonuses. They also have a casual yet professional working atmosphere so you can come to work dressed how you feel comfortable (within reason!)
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Provide a polite & efficient service to callers to the Help Desk
- Day to day management of Helpdesk function
- Log support requests
- Use of software to support responses to customer enquiries
- Interpreting and resolving basic queries
- Carry out additional duties as required by the Customer Support Specialist
No specific technical skills required apart from a passion for IT. Basic knowledge of networking, Microsoft and Windows OS not essential but would be advantageous. All training provided.
- The ability to communicate confidently and clearly both face to face and over the phone
- Good organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
- The ability to work within the team and assists others where required to achieve a common goal
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Working week: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5.30pm
Salary: £8,736 Per Annum
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.