Offsite IT is a small-to-medium sized IT MSP (Managed service provider) currently based in South Woodham Ferrers, Chelmsford in Essex.
Our technical staff are primarily office based but are often required to visit customers to troubleshoot technical problems and install new IT infrastructure.
This is an opportunity to complete a 13-15 month Infrastructure Technician Level 3 apprenticeship, whilst also carrying out important day-to-day tasks.
- To log all calls in ConnectWise, according to set guidelines
- To act as a first point of contact (under supervision) for all IT support telephone queries
- To maintain a log of any issues detected & their resolutions
- To resolve all allocated desktop and networking IT issues in a professional manner
- To monitor issues as identified by automated monitoring systems
- To maintain a smart, professional, tidy and well-groomed appearance always
- To support First Line IT Support as required
- To maintain a high level of customer service at all times
- To treat all calls with a sense of urgency, helping them to resolve the issue in the most time effective manner.
- To seek support from 1st/ 2nd Line support staff where necessary.
- To liaise with external technical support where issues cannot be resolved in house within a reasonable time frame.
- Some prior knowledge of IT (Level 2 or hobbyist)
- Good understanding of customer service
- Experience of using Windows and Microsoft office packages
- Professional Approach
5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Salary will be dependent on age:
18-20 years old - £12,000 per annum.
21 years upwards- £13,000 per annum.
After successful completion of the apprenticeship, and other exams required, there will be a high possibility of a full-time role with Offsite IT or the option to progress to a hire apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.