IT Support Technician Apprentice - London (E1W) - 9441
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant company. Here, you get to earn and learn. Apply now!
You will be working for...
A company that focuses on enhancement of the fleet's quality as well as seafarer education and training to establish an optimum safe operation system. Transport of crude oil and other energy resources requires a sophisticated safe operation system supported by advanced technical capabilities. Under an international treaty, all tankers built after 1996 must have a double-hull structure for cargo tanks to prevent cargo oil leakage in the event of a collision or grounding.This company promoted the adoption of double-hulled cargo tanks ahead of other companies for the sake of marine and global environmental protection, which is one of its corporate principles. By the end of December 2008, all of the company crude oil tankers had double-hull cargo tanks. Furthermore, this company adopted the double-hull structure to fuel tanks for VLCCs launched after May 2005.
Be part of QA' s 10k in tech and add yourself to the UK' s tech explosion!
In this role, you will be?
- Providing support on technical IT and Communication Functions
- Dealing with routine and non-routine maintenance and repair
- Completing and assisting with IT technical day to day admin tasks
- Supporting and communicating with vessel staff on technical IT issues including logging and managing support calls
- Maintaining IT and communication equipment inventories
- Possibly required to attend company vessel worldwide and to assist with where appropriate
- Installing and upgrading new IT equipment
- Repairing and maintaining IT equipment and Software
- Monitoring vessel' s compliance with company IT communications policy
- Ensuring virus definition files are updated quarterly
- Doing visit reports when vessel is attended, you will maintain network security and ensure all the data is backed up in line with the company IT policy
- Communicating IT issues to the team on a weekly basis
- Ensuring new equipment installation checklists are complete
- Configuring new PC' s and arranging delivery to vessels
Are you a bit of a problem-solver?Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice ( all debt free! ) Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Networking and Architecture
- Mobile and Operating System
- Cloud Services
- Coding and Logic
- Business Process
- Advanced Apprenticeship Infrastructure Technician Level 3 ( equivalent to A- level educational level) , MTA Networking Fundamentals, MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals, MTA Cloud Fundamentals, One Microsoft MOC on demanded course
The ideal candidate will have?
- Previous IT experience
- Excellent Communication skills
- The ability to be a good team player
- 5 GCSE Grades ( C and above)or equivalent, including Maths and English
The daily working hours are from Monday-Friday, 9: 00am to 5: 00pm
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship?
You will have the opportunity to gain further career progression and a salary increase.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA' s apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe' s main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note:This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
Sign-up or log in to apply