BKW are a privately owned instrumentation and engineering Company that has built an envied reputation within the UK process industry sectors for technical knowledge, customer service and customer satisfaction. We partner with the leading instrumentation manufacturers and also have extensive in-house manufacturing, assembly and service facilities.
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an IT systems and networking - Azure Cloud Support Specialist - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
The IT System Administrator will be a key member of the BKW Instruments IT Team working alongside the IT Systems Manager & IT Business Analyst.
Your primary role will be to handle the day-to-day IT support incidents coming into the IT Helpdesk.
The role will also involve the management of the I.T documentation, forms, and asset management.
The scope of an IT System Administrator responsibilities varies. In some cases, the focus is solely on IT Helpdesk support. In other cases, the focus can be on IT Projects, Database Reporting or assisting our Marketing Team with website updates.
From time to time, you will be given projects to complete which you must fit into your schedule by prioritising your current workload.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Responsible for all 1st Line IT Helpdesk support incidents and ensuring the end-users are responded to promptly.
- Investigate, diagnose and take ownership to resolve IT Helpdesk support incidents, working with users, other IT staff and third-party suppliers as appropriate through to completion of the root cause.
- Raising IT helpdesk incidents with third parties, own and progress these incidents to resolution, escalating where necessary.
- Maintain the company's network and server infrastructure operating systems and applications in conjunction with IT policies and procedures.
- Documenting new processes and ensuring existing process documentation is kept up to date.
- Creating and maintaining system user accounts across all business system applications.
- Upgrading, installing and configuring new end-user hardware and software to meet business requirements.
- Supporting the IT Business Analyst with Database Reporting and Database Maintenance Routines as and when required.
- Development of the businesses process automation platform (DriveWorks).
- Supporting the Marketing Team with the Company Website and Social Media platforms as and when required.
- Reporting directly to the IT Systems Manager.
- This role will come with tailored in-house training during quiet periods. There will be also the opportunity to attend some external training to gain knowledge and experience of our in-house business systems.
- You would also be working across multiple IT Support Sectors, Web Design, Business Analyst, IT Helpdesk Support and Infrastructure Support, so lots of experience to be gained.
Fantastic scope of different technologies to help develop and broaden your skills:
- Azure Cloud
- Azure VDI
- Windows 2019
- ERP System (Syspro)
- In-house Bespoke System Development (DriveWorks)
What we are looking for:
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of computers driven by enthusiasm & willingness to learn new skills.
- Able to communicate clearly in a non-technical manner.
- Well organised individual.
- Be able to work in a team and on his/her own initiative.
- Demonstrate practical knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with a 'can do’ attitude.
- A natural interest and passion for computers and technology is required.
The entry requirements for this Azure Cloud Support Specialist programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
£16,000 - £20,000 per annum. (Depending on experience and qualifications)
Your hours of work will be 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
The current arrangement of these hours are between 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday to Thursday and between 8:00am – 3:45pm on Fridays, including an unpaid 45-minute lunch each day.
What we offer:
As part of the BKW Instruments Team, you will have access to some great benefits, including:
- 23 days holiday (+8 bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Early Friday finish
- Company social events
- Free beverages
- Free on-site parking
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.