PCI Services provide a full range of IT services.
That might mean implementing new solutions or improving your existing system, depending on your needs. Priding themselves on providing traditional, customer-centred service while riding the waves of technological innovation. In essence, providing technological solutions that fit your needs; take care of this infrastructure so that you don’t need to even think about it, and allow you to benefit from the business-changing potential of new technology.
Being a key member of the Help Desk team throughout this role, you will be working on Computer Systems and Network Installation, so the ideal apprentice will have an interest or experience within hardware and networking.
You will be offering the knowledge gained from PCI and the apprenticeship to support & repair any technical issues that may occur. It is essential you are a confident technical minded individual who is up to a challenge.
Main role / Responsibilities:
- To form part of the Help Desk Call escalation process to diagnose and resolve service/support calls
- Preparation & Commissioning of Hardware & Software
- Evaluate new Technologies when required
- Working within a team environment to provide technical assistance and guidance to colleagues in order to deliver a high level of service & support to the customer
- Solutions Planning & Implementation through to completion (liaising with internal account managers, any 3rd parties and the customer)
- Liaising with Sales to provide Pre & Post Sales technical advice/assistance in order to confirm the technical validity of proposed solutions
- Any other duties within the jobholders experience or training
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- An all-round technical portfolio of experience in the Installation, Configuration, Repair and Support of a wide range of hardware, operating systems, and applications in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Strong planning and organisation skills incorporating thorough attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer service ethic whilst maintaining a professional and friendly manner.
- A pro-active and enthusiastic team player, capable of working on own initiative.
- Ability and tenacity for effective problem solving.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to diagnose common problems quickly providing immediate solutions.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise multiple, concurrent tasks and to continue to answer support calls while researching on-going issues.
- Ability to consistently deliver quality answers to our customers and to follow-up any outstanding issues.
- Flexible attitude to fit in with a work rota / environment that may be subject to change.
Desired qualification requirements:
- 5 GCSE’s Grade A-C Including Maths and English.
Monday to Friday,
9:00am – 5.30pm,
37.5 hours per week (Working hours will be discussed in interview)
£8,164 per annum.
The opportunity to progress onto a level 4 IT qualification and permanent position within the company.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.