IT Teacher's Apprentice - PG0048 Kaizen Primary School – London E13
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Full Time
- Distance Learning
- Level 3
- School Leaver
- Distance Learning
- Academic & Education
- London remove
Do you have a passion for IT and new and emerging technology? Would you like to develop this by supporting staff and children in schools, providing IT technical support and invigorating the technology curriculum?
If so, the Primary Goal IT Teacher’s Apprenticeship could be perfect for you!
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
- Microsoft MTA Cloud Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA Software Development Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA Mobility & Devices Fundamentals
- ITIL Foundation Certification
About the Employer:
Kaizen – meaning small steps to big dreams – is a dynamic, outstanding school. As part of Eko Trust we work with vigour to ensure all our children have the best possible start in their learning and at every stage of their educational transition. Our 4 key values drive everything we do.
We are an inclusive community that welcomes all children and families. We ensure that all children experience a broad and balanced curriculum, with some children having a personalised curriculum tailored to their individual needs.
Kaizen is innovative because a multi-layered leadership approach ensures the continual growth and development of teaching practice, so that children direct their own learning journey and have first had experiences. As a result children present their learning in innovative ways. that build our resilience and joy of life.
We offer the children a broad and balanced curriculum, through interactive, practical learning, which creates experiential learning. Children are encouraged and supported to lead their own learning through trial and error which develops their resilience.
Children and staff reflect on their achievements and successes each week. As part of our long term planning we pause throughout the year to celebrate and reflect on what is working well and how we can further improve our educational offer. We listen to parent and wider community feedback and act on this swiftly.
About the role:
- To increase the use of technology in schools by ensuring all hardware devices are well maintained
- To ensure staff, pupils and parents are supported in the use of technology to enhance learning
- To support lower level IT issues that arise. You will be supported by Primary Goal and the schools designated IT company
- To support the teaching of computing and the embedding of technology across the curriculum by preparing relevant materials and working alongside pupils, parents and teachers
- To run extra-curricular activities such as coding clubs, mini-geek squad, Minecraft club and Lego club
Training to be provided by Primary Goal:
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Comprehensive digital pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety, safeguarding, PREVENT, technical and curriculum specifics)
- e-learning training materials
- Specialist vendor and technical certificates
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- 12 training days with Tablet Academy (specialist technology curriculum partner)
- Curriculum knowledge base (lesson plans, resources etc)
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical, curriculum and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
The Primary Goal portal is an online dashboard that will provide apprentices with a knowledge base to access information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.
Being part of the Primary Goal community provides apprentices access to a range of other apprentices with varying levels of experience, who can share good practice and offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
- True passion for new and emerging technology
- Confidence when using a range of hardware, software and technical devices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with children / young people
There are no specific entry requirements for this apprenticeship. While GCSE Grade A-C in Maths, English and IT are highly desirable, applicants who are willing to work towards their Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths will also be considered.
- Love of learning
- Desire to help others to learn, develop and understand
- High energy and motivation to achieve success
- Commitment towards the completion of a full Apprenticeship programme
- Enjoy working with people of all ages including children
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as independently under own initiative
Paid hours per week: Approx 35 hours per week, specific hours to be determined prior to appointment
Expected Duration: 15 - 18 monthsApplication closed