IT - Technical Support Apprentice
This is a British technology company that supply the maritime industry with cost effective fleet tracking services and vessel-monitoring systems that deliver mission critical information via secure wireless networks.
Centrally operated from our UK headquarters with remote regional offices servicing our key overseas markets with a mission to continually improve, expand and invest in our five business pillars: shareholders, systems, services, software and support.
Stratum Five is currently looking to expand the Technical Team by adding an IT - Technical Support Apprentice.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
• To maintain and support existing customers with technical enquiries
• Report any bugs or issues with software in a timely fashion, monitor and reply to the customer
• Effectively manage internal and external enquiries, produce regular progress and case report
• Use the company-developed web based admin tools and Windows Based applications to communicate with Hardware Terminals
• To ensure the company development process is followed at all times
• Keep records of meetings, files, information and such like in an organised manner
• Assist with the preparation and compiling of weekly and monthly reports for all customers and ensure that customers are kept aware of any planned maintenance of the system
• Record and manage customer request for change and identify any areas for possible implement those approved by the company
• Manage and control the programming of hardware platform as appropriate
• Undertake all dispatch duties and management of courier and collection service
• Store and warehouse administration
• All other duties commensurate with the position
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Passionate about IT and willing to learn
• Professional attitude
The following are useful but not essential:
• An understanding of basic electronics and DC Voltage systems
• Basic Web Design, ASP, HTML, My SQL, CSS
• Windows based Hardware Programming Tools - training will be given
• Computer Hardware Networking, Microsoft Exchange and Small Business Server Experience
Desired qualification requirements:
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 GCSE's (C and above) Including Maths and English.
Monday to Thursday from 8:00am to 5:00pm,
Friday from 8:00am to 1:00pm,
37.5 hours per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer],
£200 per week
Benefits of the role/ Future prospects:
• Relaxed dressing code
• Social event
• Open and modern work environment
• Friendly and outgoing team
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.Sign-up or log in to apply