Plum innovations is a London based IT consulting and services provider.
We work with leading organisations across both public and private sectors.
With deep functional and industry expertise, Plum is passionate about taking on immense technical challenges that matter to our clients and able to address problems swiftly with efficient solutions.
Plum innovations are looking to take on a new apprentice to join their small but growing team.
“We are looking for a keen new face to join us, working on site in a variety of primary schools across Greenwich, Lewisham and Kent.”
The role will cover many areas and require a mix of skills, to be constantly developed over the course of the apprenticeship.
• Provide basic windows troubleshooting to clients
• Working with physical/ structured cabling and networking
• Dealing with clients in person and online communication
• Provide audio and visual support to clients as and when necessary
• Install and maintain computer hardware, workstations, laptops, audio/visual equipment and peripherals
• Maintain an up to date inventory of IT equipment, and ensure cleanliness of equipment
• Assist with the expansion of the school network infrastructure including switches, cabling and wireless network equipment
• Support staff and students with the set-up and preparation of IT equipment around the school
• Report any detected breach of the school’s IT acceptable use policy to the IT Network Manager
• To be aware of the school’s health and safety policy and to assist in carrying out the responsibilities detailed
• Changing of printer toners and basic troubleshooting (Paper jams, driver issues etc.)
• Knowledge of how to build a computer and familiarity with basic windows troubleshooting
• Experience of network or windows server
• Developing good relationships with clients as well as colleagues
• Good initiative
• Good written and verbal English skills
• Fast and keen learner
• Highly punctual and organised
• Thinking outside the box
• Team work and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Organisation and prioritisation skills
• Innovation and creativity
• A passion to succeed
• The ability to provide effective, efficient and friendly 1st line support to our clients across Windows and Mac-based environments
• £8000 - 10,000 per annum
Daily working week:
• Monday to Friday
• 8am – 5pm ( Can vary on schedules to be discussed during interview)
• Full time role once you have completed your apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.