Tring School is a secondary school with academy status, with approximately 1500 pupils aged between 11 and 18.
Tring School are excited to be recruiting an IT Support Apprentice based in Tring. You will be joining a skilled and committed team who offer a high quality service to their end users.
As an IT Support Apprentice you will work closely with the other members of the IT Support Team to assist the staff and students.
Main role and responsibilities:
As the IT Support Apprentice, you will report directly to the IT Manager and will assist the IT Systems Engineers in providing technical support to staff and students.
Work will be undertaken in accordance with service level agreements and as required by the IT Manager.
The post-holder will be required to respond to user support calls providing assistance in identifying software and hardware problems.
This will involve: communicating technical issues to non-technical persons and delivering a satisfactory resolution for the users.
This will also include:
- Escalating unsolved problems to the system engineers or IT Manager
- Keeping users informed regarding the status of their issue using different methods of communication including email, phone and face to face.
Desired skills and qualities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of PC hardware and software
- Attention to detail
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff to share this commitment.
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Training / skills to learn:
Working closely with other team members, you will be able to develop hand-on experience with a vast range of technology, including:
- Windows operating systems including Server and workstations
- Wired and wireless infrastructure
Duties will only be expected where adequate expertise or training has been given.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.