IT Technical Support Apprentice - Cowley, (OX4) - 4305
Computer Assistance are currently seeking an ambitious individual for a IT Technical Support Apprentice position within their well-established team in the Oxford office.
A role in technical support is a good stepping stone if you wish to move towards various other areas in IT, such as programming, IT training, technical sales or systems administration.
Computer Assistance is one of the largest independent computer support companies in Oxford. Unlike other ICT support companies in Oxford, we support both home and business customers with advice from viruses and hardware issues to Servers and Infrastructure design. Based in our new shop we now have over 20 technicians each with their own unique skills that give customers an unsurpassed knowledge base.
- The work typically involves:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
- Setting up accounts for staff, ensuring that they know how to log in
- Solving password problems
- Talking to clients and computer users to determine the nature of any problems they encounter
- Responding to breakdowns
- Investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults
- Repairing equipment and replacing parts
- Supervising junior engineering and technical staff
- Obtaining replacement or specialist components, fixtures or fittings
- Checking computer equipment for electrical safety
- Maintaining records of software licences
- Managing stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies.
Desired skills and qualities:
- An ability to assess each customer/employee's IT knowledge levels
- Ability to deal with difficult callers
- Logical thinker
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Up-to-date technical knowledge
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills
- Good accurate records keeping
- Salary Reviews after 6 months
- Potential full time after completion of apprenticeship
- 8: 30am - 17: 30
QA' s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.
Sign-up or log in to apply