IT Technical Support Apprentice - Glasgow (G2 5) - 1292
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Glasgow remove
This is fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an exciting and vibrant company and have the opportunity to work with experienced employees and develop your future career
You will be working for...
Successful UK Company who are looking to add an IT apprentice their IT support team.The company have offices throughout the UK.They are looking for a strong, driven and problem solving individual to work within the IT team. This is a great opportunity to get to know the industry, get involved in exciting projects, develop skills rapidly and opens up opportunities for a successful career in this ever changing market.
Be part of QA' s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK' s tech explosion!
Responsibilities of the IT Technical Support Apprentice:
The role will involve
- Working in a business and conference centre covering IT and AV ( Audio Visual)requirements for in house companies and events
- Primarily the role will be 1st line support and the apprentice will report to the 2nd line team
- Handle and record all service requests via telephone, e-mail and web interface
- Initial assessment of service request and attempt at resolution and/or escalations to secondline or third party support, based on agreed service levels
- Monitor and escalate, as required, all service requests according to agreed service levels
- Keep users informed on the status of service requests, retaining ownership of the requests untilthey are closed
Requirements of the IT Technical Support Apprentice:
Basic qualifications would be desirable but not required as training will be provided. This is a good opportunity to learn a wide and varied roll in IT which will be good starting point to any career.
- Minimum National 5' s at Level C or above.( Computing Qualification desirable)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft PC operating system.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask and use initiative to problem solve
- Excellent communications skill both written and oral
- A willingness to learn / collaborate with team members
- Ability to work shifts including weekends and be willing to travel to other UK offices if required.
Sign-up or log in to apply