This is an ambitious organisation who continually exceed their clients' expectations and their people continue to exceed theirs. Home to some of the UK’s brightest professionals who bring integrity, diligence and passion to their work. They enjoy collaborating, sharing expertise, and developing skill sets with every new challenge.
My client is a leading Business Recovery Expert who have an exciting opportunity for an IT Help Desk Apprentice to join their team. The main purpose of this role it to provide first and second line helpdesk support to internal staff across 30 locations assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone or email. The successful candidate will also be completing an Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Main role/ responsibilities:
- To provide 1st line technical support; answering support queries via phone or email
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- To log all calls on the call logging system and ensure these calls are update regularly
- Document processes and procedures and contribute to building the IT knowledge base
- Respond to enquiries from clients and help them resolve hardware or software problems either locally or remotely
- Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected
- Support users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
- Build PC’s and provision other equipment including mobile and print devices
- Allocate more complex calls to the relevant IT Support member
- To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house
- Visit remote sites to provide face to face support when required
- A general interest in Information Technology based around some technical awareness
- Excellent telephone manner and professional demeanour
- Excellent time keeping
- Comfortable using call logging software and managing calls within that software
Willing to learn and develop knowledge of:
Basic networking concepts and environments Microsoft based systems (both at the application and operation system level)
Thin Client environments (Citrix) Managing and supporting mobiles devices along with chosen MDM solutions PC hardware set-up and configuration
Minimum 5 GCSE grades (C and above) or equivalent including Maths and English.
9am - 5:30pm, Monday - Friday, 37.5hrs per week.
Pay increases and career opportunities.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.