Ortho-Care is one of the largest independent orthodontic supply companies in the UK with a new purpose built headquarters adjacent to the Unesco World Heritage Village of Saltaire, which is also alongside the Leeds/Liverpool canal.
Due to the demanding workloads and continuing growth and expansion of Ortho-Care’s ambitious developments, we are looking to add an additional member to the IT team.
The successful candidate will have a rare opportunity to join a growing and very respectable supplies company, supporting the company’s staff with technical hardware software issues, as well as training and development needs.
The successful candidate will show an enthusiastic approach to problem solving and data analysis in an array of first line support cases to take ownership of installation and maintenance.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be part of the technical team supporting and dealing with first based issues and development of requirements, including but not limited to:
- Computer hardware and software, phone system, backup monitoring, network patching, data extraction and report writing
- You will report to and work alongside the IT Manager
- Working with the IT Manager on day to day bases, and be able to show adaptability and composure in any given situation.
Skills to apply:
- Competent problem solving & communication skills
- Work with sensitive data and information with complete discretion
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems, MS Office 2010, 2013, 2016, Sophos Antivirus, and Apple macs
- Woking knowledge of report writing
- Relevant experience in a helpdesk based role or office based environments
- Possess good communication skills and able to communicate effectively with internal staff and when meeting with external suppliers and support functions, as well as colleagues.
- Ability to work independently or part of a team
- Have a genuine interest in Information Technology, problem solving and career progression
- Be able to handle responsibility and meet targets
- Able to work some flexible times before or after work should it be required
- Candidates should have some experience or knowledge of SQL database, report writing using Excel and or other reporting tools, IT support and Networking, or working in a helpdesk environment. While these are not all essential, as full job training will be given, candidates should be keen to learn through accelerate learning and show keen interest in external learning also.
- A successful applicant will have good technical, problems solving, and communication skills, has a passion for problem solving, and is able to diagnose and resolve staff IT issues successfully.
- A successful applicant will be punctual, work with discretion, is well organised, dedicated and able to provide a professional manner at all times.
- Above all else, we are seeking a confident individual that has the potential to learn and grow.
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Monday to Friday,
9:00am – 5:30pm,
37.5 hours per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
- The successful application will be offered a fantastic opportunity to work alongside the IT Manager with expert training and development opportunity provided by our experienced IT experts of 20+ years and third party professionals.
- The company offers a competitive salary, with opportunity for annual bonuses, health care, pensions and 23 days annual leave, (plus statutory) and much more.
You’ll have an opportunity to progress into a full time position after completing the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.