We supply Business and IT Support to a varied client base. Client’s range in size from 2 users to 150 users and are spread throughout the south east London and some internationally.
We are looking for an IT Technician Apprentice to be part of our support team, focusing on the needs of our wide range of client companies and their employees.
- Following processes and procedures within our established CRM Ticketing/ Case Management system, including prioritisation, categorisation, and escalation of cases as necessary.
- Working closely with our Management team to meet and achieve defined SLA and KPI's.
- Maintaining computer assets and providing reports to the Service Desk Manager on devices and software status.
- Documenting and supporting the maintenance of our shared knowledgebase.
- Creating and updating processes where necessary.
- Occasional PC Builds.
- Installing new equipment PC’s and peripherals on client’s sites.
- Coordinate hardware and software issues with 3rd party vendors for our clients.
IT Technician requirements and other essential skills:
The cases cover a wide range of issues and we require Technicians with skills covering the following areas:
- Desktop OS – logging in, user profiles, OS updates, network connections, WIFI, redirected folders, Permissions, MFA
- Office Applications– Office 365 Online, SharePoint Online, Teams etc.
- 3rd party desktop applications– Installation, upgrades, configuration.
- Server OS- Backup failures, RAID Failures, disk space issues, domain issues.
- Network analysis- including connections issues relating to DNS, DHCP, Network Shares, Network printing, Certificates, RDP connections. VPN connections.
- Databases– SQL Server backups and recovery, running scripts.
- Email – block lists, spam, DNS, message stores, mail client’s, SMTP, IMAP, encryption, mail flow,
- Active Directory- group policy implementation, permission changes.
- Anti-Virus/ Malware– responding to alerts, remedial actions,
- 3rd Party– Assist with 3rd parties requiring access to systems, printer installers, software developers etc.
- Proven problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Must be customer focused with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in supporting Windows 7 upwards.
- Experience of Office 365
- Experience of PC / Laptop hardware and printer support.
- Windows Server account administration and Active Directory.
- Strong case management skills.
Preferred but not essential skills and experience
- MCP Windows, or similar operating system certification
- ITIL Knowledge
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics CRM
- Knowledge of RMM Software
A minimum of 5 GCSE's, Grade A* - C or Grade 4 and above, including Maths and English language or equivalent.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.