IBEX is a technology business that delivers patented X-ray detector technology for medical X-ray imaging markets. The technology improves diagnostic image quality and adds important new diagnostic outputs such as the measurement of bone density for early detection of osteoporosis.
Based in modern offices on the NETpark Science Park in beautiful County Durham, IBEX currently employees 26 highly skilled staff including scientists, mathematicians, software engineers, and business professionals.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Providing day to day I.T. and infrastructure support for a range of devices (including network devices), and software
- Gathering information to resolve I.T and infrastructure issues
- Installing and updating software on PC’s
- Supporting remote and local I.T. users
- Ensuring I.T and infrastructure documentation is up to date and improved where needed
- Supporting internal I.T and infrastructure projects
The following skills and experience are desirable:
- Experience or knowledge of I.T hardware, software and infrastructure
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A “can-do” attitude
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
- £6.16 per hour / £231 per week,
- Core hours 10am-4pm, flexibility around shift pattern.
- Progression opportunities to full time IT technician
- Mentorship through apprenticeship
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.