At OptivITy, the clues in the name. Our sole purpose is to help you get the best from your home or business IT systems, optimising your resources so they work for you, not the other way round. Whether you’re looking for smarter ways of working, or simply need faster broadband, we’ll create tailor made, cost effective solutions just for you.
As an apprentice, you will be reporting to head of technical and will be responsible for supporting our varied clients with 1st line support, both remotely and onsite.
Your role will require you to be flexible with start times covering 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
The successful candidate will be expected to work between our two offices in Iver Heath and Watford, so having your own transport will be a strong advantage.
Main role / Responsibilities:
- Provide 1st line response to issues logged by our clients
- Handle customer issues in a manner which projects professionalism
- Troubleshooting of client machines
- Basic admin tasks
- Call escalation and management
Technical skills (Preferred but not essential)
- Windows 7/8/10
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Office 365
- PC builds and hardware setup
- Various device hardware support
- Wireless and 4G solutions
- Apple Mac Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at time management and prioritising
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good desk-side manner
- Pro-active approach to work
- Professional outlook and presentation
- Strong customer service focus
- A strong team player keen to learn and contribute
- Time keeping
Essential for this role:
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- First-class communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to make informed decisions, sometimes without guidance
- Minimum GCSE Grade C in Maths and English.
- CompTIA A+ and Microsoft Accreditations.
Flexible start & finish:
8am-9:30am to 5pm-6:30pm,
40hrs per week.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.