IT Technician Apprentice
The Lionheart Educational Trust is a renowned family of eleven schools based in and around Leicestershire. We strive to provide the highest quality education in each of our unique schools, raising the attainment of our talented students and reflecting the local communities of which they are a part.
The foundation of our Trust is built on a perfect balance of Academic Excellence and Holistic Development. We realise the importance of delivering quality first teaching; developing well-rounded young people and preparing them for life beyond education. We’re always looking forward and believe our students should be too.
By being forward-thinking, we ultimately aim to break barriers between all of our students and their successes. We believe that every young person, no matter their background, has an equal right to an equal education. We hope that this pupil-centred approach is clear as you navigate our website.
The successful candidate will enrol onto QA's ICT Level 3 Cloud Support Technician Apprenticeship standard a 15-month qualification, which incorporates both on the job & virtual classroom learning.
Principal Responsibility Areas:
Support and maintenance of ICT systems, including the installation of ICT hardware / software and end user support.
Key tasks (Supervised):
- Installation and maintenance of the school’s IT estate covering both hardware and software
- Provide 1st line support to staff, students and parents via face-to-face, telephone and email communication.
- Investigate, analyse, evaluate and resolve problems with ICT equipment and systems; implement repairs if necessary and update relevant ticketing systems.
- Ensure that all documentation is updated in line with department processes.
- Ensure that the Trusts IT hardware and software inventory is accurately maintained.
- Use industry standard imaging/deployment tools
- Support out of hours events on a rota basis
- Visit other schools in the Trust to provide support as required
- Perform any other duties and tasks which may be assigned by the Senior Technician.
- An interest in computer hardware especially PC and Apple
- An interest in mobile device software and how they can be used in an educational environment.
- An interest in networking technologies/protocols
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft products especially the latest version of Office
- Basic knowledge of IT hardware including PC's, Laptops, projectors, printers, interactive devices and mobile devices
- Willingness to learn new skills and understand new technologies
- Good written, verbal, communication and numeracy skills
- Ability to relate positively to young people.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm / 37.5hrs a week.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.