IT Technician Apprentice - Reading (RG1) - 4555
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Advanced Apprenticeship
Doclan MDS is essentially made up of technical writers, people with not only technical writing skills, but with a solid experience in the management and monitoring of IT systems. A talent for technically understanding how IT solutions are built and work enables Doclan MDS to represent this understanding visually and interactively in their clients' documentation for ease of use, understanding and accessibility.
Doclan are looking for an Apprentice to join their expanding team. The successful candidate will be trained to become a key team member and there will be lots of opportunities to develop your career in a number of positions following the Apprenticeship.
As an IT Apprentice, you will combine on-the-job experience and formal training to gain a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship.
Duties will include:
- IT Systems &Networking
- Work in conjunction with the IT Infrastructure Manager and the IT Team
- Telephony, Infrastructure and Systems so they meet current and future needs
- Support the IT Infrastructure Manager to handle the day to day user requests from service desk system
- Updating Documentation
- Hardware diagrams
- Rack diagrams
- Visio &Excel content modifications
- Auto CAD
- Web Development
- Contact information changes
- Checking customer change requests &making relevant changes
- Answering mails &calls
- Data Entry
- Good communication skills
- Well organised
- Good use of Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel etc.)
- IT Infrastructure Knowledge ( preferable)
- Eager to learn
The candidate will have at least 5 GCSE' s ( C and above)including Maths and English and excited to begin a career in IT.
9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
After successful completion of Apprenticeship, their will be a permanent opportunity or progression will be possible.
QA' s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.