Chorus are an award-winning Managed Service Provider specialising in the design, delivery and management of cloud services. Founded over 21 years ago, we help organisations adopt and benefit from cutting-edge Microsoft technologies across Azure, Microsoft 365 and Dynamics 365. We believe that technology enables organisations to do great things and we help our clients achieve this by combing technical expertise with our friendly and service-driven approach.
As a service-driven organisation, our people are at the heart of our success. We work hard to attract and retain the best people in the industry and fundamental to this is the strong culture and identity that we foster.
As a Workshop Technician you will be responsible for maintaining the operation of the company goods in/goods out procedures. You will be configuring client hardware for their specific needs and requirements.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Handle and build IT equipment for 40+ key clients
- Configure desktop computers and laptops using specific build processes. This includes; unboxing the new machines, loading an operating system onto them, installing our standard software, logging the user in and configuring their profile
- Manage and book the workshop deliveries arriving at the business
- Organise and prioritise your daily tasks to ensure maximum productivity
- Maintain the cleanliness and organisation of the workshop
- Ensure our processes are kept up to date and upload to our knowledgebase
- Carry out site visits to deliver and install hardware
- Responsible for providing effective customer service and communication with 3rd parties and clients at all times
- Develop a good understanding of our client base whilst building and maintaining good client relationships
- Be able to deliver exceptional customer service
- Excellent organisational skills
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude with a ‘can do’ approach
- Ability to remain calm in a pressured environment
- Reliable, good work ethic and willingness to learn
- Excellent team player
- Willing to learn
- Good communication skills
Working week: 37.5 hours a week
Salary: £11,000 - £15,000 Per Annum
3 GCSEs (or equivalent) in any subject at grade C or above and 2 GCSEs for English and Maths at grade D or above
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.