City Fibre build optic infrastructure for the UK, empowering the UK’s economy and society. Their pure fibre infrastructure transforms the way governments, businesses and consumers communicate.
City Fibre hire the best teams to deliver on their commitments. They embrace collaboration with customers and colleagues and strive for the highest levels of trust and respect.
They are nimble, quick and exact in delivering their commitments and are honest in their beliefs, strong in their actions and deliver on their promises.
They offer an environment where you can define and achieve success.
- To support the Business Solutions Team to be successful in their responsibilities: all existing business process documentation, new business process design, initial selection and validation of technology solutions and design of, and compliance with, the internal controls environment
- To provide Business Analysis support to the business solutions team as directed by the Business Solutions Manager and Business Analysts
- To assist the Business Analysts in the production of documentation that supports and validates business process design through the use of flow charts and narratives. This will involve creating and maintaining documents
- Testing existing documentation assumptions, to validate business process design
- To assist in gathering business requirements as they relate to the changing business operations
- To update existing documentation by cross referencing process flow charts and narratives
- To take project elements and liaise with internal stakeholders (across all functions) so that the processes being reviewed or designed are optimised for efficiency and data accuracy
- To assist the business solutions team in reviewing potential technology solutions to support efficient business processes where appropriate.
- Ensuring that business solutions projects that are created under established project management frameworks (e.g. PRINCE2) are properly documented and that project decisions are recorded in the project files
- Use of flow charting software
- Knowledge of project management methods
- A friendly and enthusiastic demeanour
- Excellent oral and written English
- Communication skills
- An enquiring mind
- Ability to think logically
- A-Levels in IT
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.