Shopcreator’s main aim is to help organisations grow their online revenue by providing expertise and an unparalleled service. Shopcreator successfully provides this by offering fully managed E-Commerce services, bespoke ecommerce web development solutions, web design services and first class customer support.
Due to continued growth, Shopcreator are now looking for a Junior Web Developer to join their friendly and customer centric organisation whilst undertaking a Software Developer Level 4 apprenticeship with QA.
If you are a Software passionate individual looking to continue your learning whilst gaining an in-depth and hands on experience within a busy Developer role, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
The main purpose of this role will be to provide extensive and first class web development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing modules and functionalities in PHP
- Liaising with customers via email / telephone
- Providing first class support to customers
- Viewing requirements and providing a solution for customers
- Providing cover during busy periods by providing customer email / telephone support
- Working on various OpenSource platforms such as Prestashop, WordPress, Magento
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Strong problem solver
- First class communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to further understanding by asking questions
- Existing Web Development experience.
- Existing Software Development Technician Level 3 / A Level / Extended Diploma qualification
- Previous customer / client experience
The chosen candidate will be an outgoing individual who is highly passionate about the field they are working in whilst having a desire to further their existing knowledge. Experience of self-study and looking to further your career is highly desirable.
- Level 3 Software apprenticeship, or
- A Level in a STEM subject (within the Technology and Maths fields only) and successful completion of our
- Aptitude Test, or
- BTEC Diploma in IT and successful completion of our Aptitude Test, or
A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role.
Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software testing or any work that utilises basic coding
- Any other technical job that uses IT equipment or software
- Any data analytics or reporting related role
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme. The learners would still be required to successfully pass the Aptitude Test at first attempt.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.