Junior DevOps Engineer Apprentice
At Quod Orbis we are committed to delivering peace of mind and cost reduction to our clients by helping them reduce their digital risk, streamline operations and improve service.
We do this primarily through the deployment of Continuous Controls Monitoring (CCM) security technologies and solutions that deliver real-time visibility of data to identify, automate, monitor and improve the effectiveness of controls.
We use a blend of consultancy and services to identify and manage digital risk for clients across financial services, large corporations, governments and household-name brands.
We identify risk and fix the issues with clear and simple definition of the problem, and delivery against prioritised end goals. With this no-nonsense approach we cut through the hype to help transform and secure our clients’ businesses.
Overall purpose of the job:
This is an exciting role which will be within the Quod Orbis development team - helping to continue to shape our innovative Continuous Control Monitoring Platform (CCM).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Creating IaC
- Security hardening (Azure, AWS, End-User Devices, Vulnerability Management)
- Framework compliance (SOC2 etc.)
- Zscaler configuration (proxy)
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune) Policy Management & Compliance
- QualysGuard Asset Reviewing
- Exchange Mailflow
The requirements listed below are considered to either be essential to successfully undertake the duties and responsibilities of the post or are considered highly desirable.
Desired experience, skills and qualities:
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Programming experience useful.
- Proficiency with Linux (general Linux/administration).
- Ability to be dropped into new scenarios and quickly adapt/ingest new information.
- Experience of working with AWS.
- Experience of working with Elasticsearch.
- Code Management (GitHub/GitLab).
- Database experience (MariaDB).
- Coverage with Ansible.
- 7 GCSE's, grade A-C
- A-levels or equivalent would be highly beneficial
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship, there is an opportunity to become a Full Time Employee of Quod Orbis.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.