Duration: 3 years
Location: North Harbour, Portsmouth
Entry Requirements: 5 GCSEs grade 4-9 including Maths and English Language. You will also need to have completed further education or equivalent.
Do you have a passion for Technology and making it work? We’re looking for people who want to pursue a hands-on technical career working with financial services customers. People who can roll up their sleeves, get stuck in, and get things delivered for a large UK Based financial services customer. Sound like you?
As a Junior DevOps Engineer you will learn about Agile delivery and be part of a team delivering automation and DevOps expertise for the customer. The types of problems you’ll face will be varied and the solutions you help create will be innovative. It could be developing a continuous delivery pipeline, automating the configuration of infrastructure, or orchestrating a set of technical activities to make them repeatable.
It will be hard work, you will need to be resilient, but it will be rewarding. You’ll need to be the type of person who is up for a challenge and likes learning both on the job and in your own time. You don’t need to be studying a technical A-Level or Equivalent, but you will need to be able to demonstrate your passion for technology and explain how you’ve used it to solve problems.
- You’ll learn about delivery frameworks like Agile and work in teams putting theory into practice.
- You’ll benefit from significant investment in your personal learning including mentoring, a structured training plan and access to online courses
- You’ll be part of a learning cohort and be in a community of similar minded people at the same stage in their career.
- You will gain experience with leading edge technologies including Red Hat Enterprise Linux, IBM Cloud, Kubernetes, Chef and Ansible.
- You’ll learn to use API’S to orchestrate workflows and automate IT processes.
- You will be able to build your knowledge of how to do things securely in an enterprise environment.
- You’ll develop problem solving and facilitation skills and use IBM’s Enterprise Design Thinking.