1st Locate work with many of the UK’s largest companies in Utilities, Retail and Government.
Our focus on technology, data security and delivering an empathetic service to your customers has helped us stand out from an industry traditionally focussed on churn rates, KPI’s and overseas call centres.
We are looking for a hungry and enthusiastic candidate who is passionate when it comes to all things technology and IT.
The Junior IT Administrator will be working as part of the IT Support helpdesk team and will be responsible for fixing all 1st line IT support issues within 1st Locate.
The Junior IT Administrator will be given exposure to our server infrastructure and other technologies such as VMware, Veeam, Office 365 and Exchange Online.
A successful candidate will also be given the opportunity to attend external training courses to improve their IT knowledge and skillset.
- Developing back and front-end tools
- Providing Helpdesk support to internal colleagues
- Using a ticket system and sticking to SLA’s
- VOIP Telephony installation and maintenance
- Network maintenance, upgrades and repairs when needed using hardware and software tools
- Working on cabling tasks ensuring H&S policies are adhered to
- Perform regular diagnostic work on the company network using tools provided
Desired skills and qualities:
- Demonstrate clear and confident communication skills at all levels
- Must be enthusiastic and passionate about IT and self-development
- Self-motivated and methodical with a positive attitude, as well as working well as part of a team
- Attention to detail plays a key part in this role
- The ability to discuss technical issues will people of varying technical ability
- It is essential you can resolve issues in a friendly and calm manner
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.